Millennials Make Great Salespeople, Here’s Why!March 26, 2018
The Top 5 Benefits of Blogging for Your BusinessMay 31, 2018
Millennials, or those born between approximately 1980 and 2000, are now the biggest generation in the workforce. As natives to technology, they think and work differently than their older coworkers. To effectively engage millennial workers businesses need to adapt their strategies. When it comes to eLearning, try these tips to get your millennials involved.
- Provide training – Millennials, as a generation, want to learn! Providing the opportunity to engage in training and development programs will boost their job satisfaction. Frequent training and development sessions will keep them interested and growing to the benefit of your company.
- But make it meaningful – While millennials are thirsty for knowledge, they want it to be useful and able to be applied meaningfully to their work. Providing a strong purpose to their eLearning will help them engage more thoroughly. When these workers feel like they are making a difference, they are happier and work harder.
- Use videos and other techniques – Millennials are the original YouTube generation, and videos are an excellent way to reach them where they’re at. This engaging form of media resonates with millennials. Another effective technique is using immersive scenarios that place users in various situations and allow them to problem solve for a solution.
- Utilize social media – This generation is creative, adaptable, and social. By using forums to facilitate group discussions, you will draw millennials into your eLearning program, feeding their desire to work as a team and discuss the program with their peers.
- Make it mobile – 87% of millennials have their phones with them at all times. Any eLearning program should be available on mobile devices including smartphones and tablets, as this is the preferred usage for this generation. Apps and games can further engage them in learning.
- Make it micro – While millennials love to learn, their attention spans are notoriously short. Providing training sessions in short bursts allows them to digest the information quickly and move onto the next task. Micro training is also very mobile friendly.
The workforce has changed to include more millennials than any other age group, and businesses must adapt. eLearning is an excellent training tool and if used effectively can engage millennials and make them an even more important and productive force for your company.
Here at PartnerPro we provide innovative sales training solutions that are geared for today’s young salesforce. Contact us today to learn more!